Things To Avoid If You Have A Water Damaged Carpet In Sydney
If you have a water damaged carpet, you need to make sure it’s dried properly by professionals. We at Flood Services offer the Best Water Damage Restoration services and will dry, and restore your water damaged carpet most efficiently.
Some Things To Keep In View
Carpets need to be dried and restored carefully, to avoid severe damage to them. If you have a water damaged carpet, don’t:
- End up using towels to help soak up the water from your carpet. It helps only if you have a water-saturated carpet. If there’s a lot of water, this would hardly help soak it all up.
- Think of using your regular home vacuum cleaner to help with the water. Your home vacuum cleaners aren’t equipped to hold water. There’s a very high possibility that you might even get electrocuted.
- Try to use hair dryers. These aren’t powerful enough to dry your carpet thoroughly. They could dry the surface, but the underlay and subfloor would still be wet, which may cause further damages.
- Use heaters either. They could shrink your carpet or could also cause the surfaces to overheat, triggering a fire. This is not a safe method to dry your carpet.
Also, Don’t Assume That:
- If your carpet is wet, it won’t damage your floor skirting and walls. The problem, if not attended to immediately, could also cause a lot of secondary water damages to your walls, internal wall framing, or the skirting boards as well.
- Mould won’t start to appear if you’ve tried to dry your water damaged carpet without some professional help. You need a dehumidifier to soak up all the moisture present in your carpet thoroughly. If the subfloor, carpet, underlay or any wet surfaces in your property aren’t dried properly, mould will grow.
- If your water-soaked carpet has dried from the top, the floor and the carpet underlay are also dry. It probably isn’t at all, and this will cause further damage.
- If you can’t see it, there is no mould. If the surfaces are left moist, there’s a high possibility of mould growth, which may not even be visible to you. It is dangerous not only for your property but for your health as well.
- The extra water from your carpet, wouldn’t destroy the electrical system on your property. The water will wreck the systems, also making it a dangerous place for you to live in.
- The mouldy smell would disappear with time. That is far from reality. The scent will start to worsen over time, making the space unbearable.
If you have a Water Damaged Carpet, you need to call a company that provides prompt 24/7 water damaged carpet solutions. At Flood Damage Sydney Services, we know how important it is to make sure that your carpets are protected from permanent damage. For any more information about our services, feel free to contact Flood Services at 1800 908 908 You can get a free quote online when you enquire.