Have a Water Damaged Carpet? – Keep These Things In View
If your carpet has been affected by water damage as a result of a burst pipe, you must ensure that it’s dried by skilled professionals. We at Flood Services offer high-quality water damage restoration services and see to it that the job is carried out with the utmost efficiency.
Aspects to Keep In View
To avoid further damage, your carpet has to be dried and restored cautiously. Here are a few things you should avoid if you have a water damaged carpet :
- Unless you have a water-saturated rug, don’t use towels to soak up the water. This technique would hardly be useful if your carpet is soaking wet.
- Avoid using vacuum cleaners for soaking up the water. They are not designed for this purpose, and there’s a strong possibility that you might electrocute yourself.
- Hairdryers lack the power to dry wet carpet effectively. Although they may dry parts of the surface, the underlay and subfloor will still be wet. This can result in further damage.
- Avoid using heaters as well. Besides causing your carpet to shrink, they can overheat the surface of the carpet, resulting in a fire. This is a highly unsafe method to dry your water damaged carpet.
Do Not Presume That:
- A wet carpet won’t damage your walls and floor skirting. If this issue is left unattended, it can result in severe secondary water damage to your internal wall framing, the walls, and the skirting boards.
- Mould won’t start to develop if you’ve dried out the carpet without hiring professionals for the job. You require a dehumidifier to soak up all the moisture thoroughly. Mould will definitely start to appear if your subfloor, underlay, or carpet is not dried correctly.
- If you’ve successfully dried the carpet top, the underlay and the floor is dry as well. It most likely isn’t dry, which can result in further damage to your property.
- There’s no mould if you cannot see it. If you leave the surface of your carpet moist, there’s a strong possibility that mould has formed. Although it might not be visible to you, it poses a severe threat to your property and is harmful to your health as well.
- The excess water from your carpet won’t affect the electrical system. Bear in mind that water will completely wreck your property’s system, making it a dangerous place to live in.
- The mould will inevitably disappear as time passes by. This is entirely bogus; moreover, the scent will only worsen over time, which will make it an unbearable space to live in.
If your carpet has been affected by water damage, you must call in a reputed company that offers 24/7 water damaged carpet solutions. At Flood Services, we understand the importance of protecting carpets from permanent damage.
For any more information about our services, feel free to contact Flood Services at 1800 908 908. You can get a free quote online when you enquire.